Sunday, October 5, 2008

It seems but a fortnight...

O.K. So, I know we have been totally lame by not posting for the last four months. A lot has transpired, and so here is a quick version of the goings on in the Pinoli Family. By the way, Nicolo made me do this blog all by myself (yes, I've become increasingly computer illiterate as the years tick by since leaving college), and so I feel a little more confident now about doing updates myself. My next goal is to try and figure out how to leave comments on people's blogs... anyway...

One of our last hurrahs in San Francisco at the Golden Gate Bridge. Ben was screaming and hiding his face during this picture, which is why the bald guy on the left is staring at us. :-)
Rebekah turned 8 in June! She wanted an ice skating party, so we held it at the rink in Dublin, which (this is totally useless trivia) is where Kristy Yamaguchi (sp?) trained. Rebekah made all of the blue scarves for her friends. Yes, she's much more crafty than I am.

#1
We were able to visit Nannie and Papa one last time before leaving Concord. We'll miss visiting them, and the kids will miss the rootbeer floats!

Rebekah was baptized in June. It was so wonderful to have the Gunters and the Pinolis support us and participate and make it such a special day for Rebekah.

We moved to Portland, Oregon at the end of June. Here are the kids enjoying the aftermath of unpacking.

Changing to Oregon plates felt a little strange, but I guess now all the native Oregonians (if there are any--everyone we meet is from California) can't blame any bad driving on the "Crazy Californians."
My beautiful sister Elizabeth got married in July! Lizard and Keawe were sealed in the San Diego temple. It was such a wonderful and fun-filled day that I'll never forget. Welcome to the family Keawe!


Oh, what do you do in the summer time, when all the world is green?

Pick blackberries and raspberries...
Find ant colonies in the backyard with new neighborhood friends...
Make a birthday cake for your baby sister (yes, Bekah made this cake) for her 1st birthday...


Soak each other on the bumper boats at the Family Fun Center...
Take swimming lessons...

Play house (poor Ben; he's sandwiched in between two girls--but he's a good sport)...
Go exploring at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry), which is the most awesome hands-on museum ever..
Bekah and Ben learning about the inner ear
In the dinosaur exhibit
Bianca in the toddler section
Rebekah started 3rd grade and declared (as you can see if you look closely) that she wants to fix her own hair from now on.
Ben started preschool and Miriam has only had one phone call home from the teacher. :-)
Bianca is just excited to have mom to herself for a few hours a week.
We're enjoying the last bit of sunshine here before the rain begins.
I don't know why I included this picture--I just think it's bizarre that my kids find it so amusing to hide in the kitchen cupboards.

We miss all of our family and friends in California, but we absolutely love it here! In fact, we highly recommend moving here, so please feel free to visit whenever you'd like, and maybe we'll be able to convince you. No pressure. :-)

11 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray for a Pinoli update! I was just going to come on your blog and leave a "are you still alive?" comment and to my surprise, there was a new post! Yippee!

Bianca looks so much older. Wow! We miss you guys. I'm glad that things are going so well for you there.

You forgot to mention your birthday Miriam. Hope it was great!

Jana and Mario said...

We like the update! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. We are also gearing up for the big freeze (ha ha).

Jen said...

We miss you! Looks like you're settling in. Glad to hear the kids are doing good. Try and post a little more often, OK :)

April J. said...

I love the update. It seems Like Oregon is a good fit for you even if we miss you here. i look forward to keeping up with you. And for your first independant post you did an excellent job, just like an experienced blogger! Take Care!

April J. said...

Oh on d one more thing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kristen said...

It breaks my heart to see you having fun without us :) But, I'm really excited that you are a blogger now!

Sara C. said...

Great update!! Your kids are beautiful, and are growing so fast! I am so glad you guys are loving it there. Nice job on the blogging, keep it up, we love to hear from you guys.

Happy (3 days late) birthday! I am so bad with b-day's anymore. I couldn't even remember my dad's which is on the 4th. Shameful!

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family! And I just LOVE your house. Rebekah looks so much like you when we were kids, it's like a flashback to third grade. I'm glad you are all doing well and enjoying Portland.

Bethany C. said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing well in oregon. Your kids are so darling. I can't believe Bianca is 1. Our little guy just turned one too. Time flies.
Rebekah is old enough to be baptized?! AND make cakes! AND make scarves? Wow. I'll bet Ben is enjoying preschool and playing house (my brothers said they hated it but I know they loved the attention.) :)

My youngest brother started his freshman year at BYU. He's, of course, living in Heritage. We visited him at his new job at the Creamery, and I had LOTS of HA memories. I sure made some good friends there!

Jennie said...

I've been waiting for an update! Bianca looks so much older - wow! And it's good to see you settling into your new surroundings. Wish you were here, though =(

Ashlee said...

Yeah! An update!! I can NOT believe your baby is one!! Holy cow. Your new places looks awesome; I'm so happy for you guys!